Career Opportunities at Trion Properties
Trion Properties focuses on maximizing investor returns by increasing net operating income throughout the holding period through a hands-on management style of heavy renovation and aggressive lease-up.
We’re always looking for those real estate stars – or future stars – who can make us shine even brighter. We work hard but we have a low-keyed attitude and value our employees who make us a cut above. Tell us about you!
Email resume to the hiring manager
About the job
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements for a portfolio of multifamily properties (approximately 8-12)
- Performs analysis of balance sheet and P & L accounts and records appropriate journal entries as needed
- Reconciles bank and loan statements monthly to ensure that all loan activity is properly recorded.
- Provide compliance reporting to lenders on an as-needed basis.
- Assist Accounting Manager and CFO as needed
- Perform analysis and create ad hoc reports as requested by management
- Assists in preparing annual budgets and fiscal month-end and year-end close.
This position is responsible for oversight of daily/monthly accounting functions for multiple entities in a fast paced environment for both multifamily properties. We’re looking for someone who’s willing and able to “roll up their sleeves” and get involved in the small details. This person must have excellent interpersonal, office and organizational skills that can “get it done” and be willing to go above and beyond. Trion Properties has an exciting team in place in an environment that encourages growth from within.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or related field or equivalent
- Three or more years of accounting experience in property management (multifamily experience preferred); any experience working with real estate private equity firm is a plus
- Strong accounting background; strong understanding with debits and credits
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of property operations using knowledge and experience.
- Proven organizational skills with ability to set priorities. Manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter capable of finding solutions with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Yardi Voyager software experience is extremely helpful
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills required. Looking for an outside of the box thinker, one who isn’t afraid of a challenge and willing to roll their sleeves up to solve a problem.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Email resume to the hiring manager
About the job
Under the supervision of the Property Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting all operations of the apartment community, managing to company objectives and operating budget, with the primary objectives of increasing net operating income of the community, maintaining the physical asset, and providing a quality living environment for residents.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
- Assist Manager with leading and managing direct reports in an effective manner.
- With Manager’s direction and guidance assist in defining all community objectives to optimize asset efficiency and achieve performance goals set in accordance with owner’s expectations.
- Responds to resident complaints and provides resolutions.
- Assists and promotes resident retention.
- Prepare lease documents when needed. Verify lease files, accurate completion of applications, income verifications, and other related paperwork.
- Support quality control by ensuring staff is recording accurate data and transactions in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Ensure all monies are posted and deposited in a timely manner.
- Maintain delinquency less than 1% at all sites.
- Process and approve all A/P in a timely manner.
- Monitor expenses to budget, utility expense, preparation of move out statements are completed timely, and accuracy of payroll.
- Monitor Capex Budget to include bid process and management of projects to completion.
- Consistently inspect community and assess condition, including market window, units, common areas, leasing office and grounds. Ensure sites are clean and well maintained. Inspect for any potential liability and immediately report. Complete monthly property inspection report on time and submit to Regional Manager/Director.
- Ensure turnover of vacant units are completed within 5 days in accordance with Company policy.
- Assist in ensuring Compliance of Fair Housing for all team members
- If applicable, ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory, federal and state agency requirements.
- Ensure sites respond to all Risk Management issues including reasonable accommodations in accordance to Company policy.
- Responsible to ensure performance of safety and risk management functions are being performed onsite at all communities including “evening” lighting audits.
- Serve and guide site staff to professionally represent Company for all court proceedings including evictions and small claims cases.
- Assist in rent collection and expense control.
- Promote a positive, growth-oriented environment for team members.
- Assist with annual unit inspections and help to ensure repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for performance of safety and risk management functions of the community, including submitting incident reports in a timely manner.
- Make the resident living experience, particularly the first and last impressions, of the highest quality.
- Assist Community Manager to reinforce company objectives and encourage team participation in company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination and harassment prevention.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Some college coursework or Bachelor’s degree highly preferred. Property management certification and/or relevant work experience may serve as a substitute for college coursework.
- Experienced and knowledgeable of Multi-Family Housing.
- At least 1+ year’s property/community management experience at the Assistant Manager level preferred.
- Previous experience in customer service and administrative tasks.
- Basic bookkeeping and general mathematical principles preferred.
- Proficiency in both verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred knowledge of Appfolio, Yardi, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and the Internet. Requires intermediate typing skills. Ability to use telephone voicemail, fax, and copy machine.
Requires mobility and walking to several different locations including walking up/down stairs, some bending, stooping and stretching. May require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds, usually file boxes. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
Normal office environment. Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities. Periodic exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous. Work schedule may vary based on demand.